Use Case for What if?:
A What if? Scenario enables Kochava users to evaluate the following:
- Modify reconciliation settings to evaluate shifts in influencers and unattributed rates.
- Remove specific campaign/tracker to evaluate impact on overall conversions.
Creating a What if? Scenario
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired Account and App.
- Select Apps & Assets > What if?.
- Enter a unique Cloned App Name.
- Click Create.
NOTE: Each Kochava customer has one What if? Scenario available free of charge. The amount of data available for What if? Scenarios is based upon the data available within Query. For a larger lookback window within What if?, Query must be purchased. Contact us for more details on purchasing Query.
A. Enter a unique name for the scenario
B. The number of remaining What if? Scenarios
Modifying Scenario Settings
What if? Scenarios provide full access to modify any reconciliation settings within the cloned app or scenario without impacting the parent app in any capacity. Below are examples of what can be modified within the What If? scenario which may lead to changes in the conversion rates, unattributed levels, LTV, and ROI.
- While within the What if? Scenario, a blue banner will appear at the top of the screen displaying name of the Scenario as well as the status. This banner also acts as an indicator that you are navigating within the What If? Scenario and NOT within the parent app.
- Created – A new Scenario has been created by has not been reviewed and run.
- Completed – A new Scenario has been created, reviewed, run and is done processing. The data for this Scenario is available for review.
- Canceled – A new Scenario has been created, reviewed, run and canceled before completion.
- Replaying – A new Scenario has been created, reviewed and is processing.
- Queued – Up to 3 Scenarios may be run concurrently, the 4th will be queued until a slot is available.
- Error – Something has gone wrong with the processing of the Scenario.
- Select Apps & Assets > Campaign Manager.
- Locate the desired campaign.
- Expand the campaign and Select Tracker Tools (⋮) > Overrides.
- Update Click Reconciliation settings.
- Update the Event Association Lookback window.
- Update the Impression Reconciliation settings.
- Click Save.
Default Reconciliation Settings:
- Select the desired app.
- Select Apps & Assets > Partner Configuration.
- Select the Partner Configuration drop-down menu > Default Reconciliation Settings.
- Update Default Reconciliation Settings as desired. For more information, refer to our Default Reconciliation Settings support documentation.
- Click Save.
Reviewing the What if? Scenario
Before a What if? Scenario can replay app traffic with the adjusted settings, all changes must be reviewed. At this time, the What if? Scenario will not display specific information for the changes that were made. Refer to any notes that were taken during the creation of the What if? Scenario.
- Locate the desired What if? Scenario.
- Click Review Changes.
- Review the changes for the What if? Scenario.
- Click Next.
- Select the What if? Date Range.
- Select Email Recipients.
- Select the Impressions Back Fill setting. (optional)
- Select the Clicks Back Fill setting. (optional)
- Select the Installs Back Fill setting. (optional)
- Select the Events Back Fill setting. (optional)
- Click Run.
A. Click Review Changes to view changes, accept and run analysis
NOTE: Depending on the number of settings that have been updated and the volume of traffic associated with the selected app, the processing time will vary.
NOTE: Latent traffic (greater than 1 day) will not be processed by the What if? cloned app.
Deleting a What if? Scenario
- Locate the desired What if? Scenario and Click Edit App.
- Click Delete.
NOTE: Each customer has one “free slot” for What if? Scenarios. If no additional scenarios have been purchased, once the initially created What if? Scenario has been deleted the “free slot” will be available again.
Accessing What if? Data
- Locate the desired What if? Scenario and Select App Tools>Reports.
- Click Add a Report.
- Select the desired report. For more information on reporting, refer to our Pulling Reports support documentation.
- Click Submit.
What if? Scenario data can be accessed by utilizing the API reporting method. For more information on accessing data through the API, refer to the following:
- Locate the desired What if? Scenario and Select App Tools>Query.
- Run the desired Query. For more information, refer to our Query support documentation.
NOTE: While a What if? Scenario is being processed, real time data can be viewed by utilizing the pre-built Queries. Depending on the settings within the What if? Scenario, the pre-built Queries may need to be modified to return associated data.
- Latent traffic (greater than 1 day) will not be processed by the What if? cloned app.
- SAN_claimed (false claims) data will not be processed, and not reflected within the output of a What if? cloned app.
- Any replay period should be prior to the date in which the clone was created.
- Should the above be ignored, Any changes made to the parent app between the time the What if? clone is made and when the replay begins can impact What if? results.
- Any changes made on any day which will have traffic replayed has the potential to impact attribution on the What if? cloned app.