Serving ads yourself can be of great benefit for avoiding the costs associated of running ads through a Network. Not only is there a cost benefit to running a VPPN, but you also have more control over the context in which the ad appears.
Use Cases for a VPPN:
- You have a large user base for your app and want to serve ads in the context of your app
- You have your own website on which you want to serve ads.
- You have a source interested in banners or interstitials within one of your apps
Create a Virtual Private Publisher Network
- Log in to Kochava.
- Click on Account Settings>Private Networks (VPPNs).
- Click Add a Private Network.
- Enter a unique Network Name.
- Check Include New Apps. (optional)
- Check Select All. (optional)
- Check specific app(s). (optional)
- Click Add a Macro to enter any additional Macros that need to be associated with this VPPN. (optional)
- Click Submit.
NOTE: If the Include New Apps option is checked, the VPPN will be available to new apps that are created in the Kochava Dashboard.
NOTE: If the Select All option is checked, the VPPN will be available to all apps within the Kochava Dashboard.
NOTE: Any specific app that is checked, the VPPN will be available to within the Kochava Dashboard.
NOTE: Site_id and device_id are default Macros.
A. Enter a Unique Network Name
B. Select Apps the VPPN will be available to within Kochava.
NOTE: Once a VPPN is created, it will be available during the Publisher Selection portion of Tracker creation. Select the VPPN and the associated click URL will populate accordingly.
NOTE: No Postback is required for a VPPN campaign. Custom Postback can be created for additional configuration.