The Kochava Collective, the world’s largest independent mobile data marketplace, enables marketers to purchase mobile audiences and activate them via leading Media Supply Partners globally at scale.
Data Needed Before Beginning the Process:
- Complete a terms of service agreement with Kochava.
- User account within Kochava with permission to the Kochava Collective.
- Supply Partners:
- Signed Service Agreement to become part of the Kochava Collective.
- User account within Kochava with permission to access the Kochava Collective.
Navigating the Kochava Collective Dashboard
- Overview: A high-level dashboard of the Kochava Collective universe, including an overview of the marketplace itself, top destinations, and recently accessed audiences specific to the buyer account.
- Audience Builder: A robust tool with real-time audience size estimates and visual representations, that enables the creation of custom audiences defined by metrics such as geography, demographics, interests and behaviors, points of interest, app usage, web usage, device, carrier data, as well as suppression of other purchased or uploaded audiences.
- Audience Explorer: A collection of predefined audience cohorts which can be easily activated with a partner or saved to the Audience Manager.
- Audience Manager: The collection of custom built, pre-packaged, or uploaded audience groups which can be easily organized, activated, modified or deleted.
- Users: Provides access to create and edit users.
- Supplier Overview: Provides a high level display of the device information submitted by a specific supply partner, with views into the status of prepackaged audiences and an overview of any configured API data feeds.
Kochava Collective User Interface
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select Kochava Apps>Collective.
- Select Overview.
NOTE: By default, the Kochava Collective Overview UI (User Interface) is loaded.
Kochava Collective Overview
The Kochava Collective Overview contains high-level device information specific to each user account. That information is divided into four main sections, including:
Unique Device IDs:
A time series graphical representation of the number of Device IDs in the Collective and the platforms, make and main language associated with those devices. Includes statistics on the number of total device IDs, as well as the number of new and active devices in the last 30 days. Mouse-over any of the graphs will display associated data.
Top Apps and Categories Overview:
A graphic display of the top apps and top app categories within the Kochava Collective. Mousing-over the top apps will display the title, platform and the quantity of devices with the app installed. Mousing-over the top categories will display the category and the quantity of devices within the category.
Audience Segment Overview:
The Recent/Activated Audiences section provides the account specific overview of the recent audience segments used. Each audience segment’s name, size and activation destination is displayed.
The Trending Audiences section provides the top trending global audience segments. Each audience segment’s name and size is displayed.
The Geography section is a map displaying the countries where device information originated. Countries are shaded to indicate the percentage of Kochava Collective data associated, light blue indicating a small amount of data while dark blue indicating a high level of data. Countries indicated in gray do not have any data contained within the Kochava Collective.
NOTE: In accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Kochava Collective will no longer include any data from the European Union (EU).
Top Activation Partners:
The Top Activation Partner section provides an overview of the top partners where audience segments from the Kochava Collective have been activated. Click on any of the partner’s icons to access the partner configuration settings.
Audience Builder Overview
The Audience Builder is a powerful tool enabling the creation of custom audiences. In Audience Builder, audiences can be refined by a robust set of filters including Geography, Points of Interest, Demographics, Mobile App Usage, Website Visitations, Interests & Behaviors and a variety of other metrics. As an audience is being created, an estimated device count and visual graph representations are displayed in real-time Suppression and audience size limits are also available to further refine an audience.
As filters are selected the estimated number of devices, current audiences within the top apps and top categories and the associated geographic locations of potential audiences are updated.
Audience Explorer Overview
The Audience Explorer provides a marketer access to a robust list of predefined audiences available for targeting. Each audience displays the segment category, segment title and the number of device IDs within the segment. An audience tool menu is provided allowing the audience segment to be activated directly with a partner or saved to the Audience Manager for future .
The Audience Manager is specific to the user account, contains a repository of audiences saved from Audience Explorer, is built using the Audience Builder or imported using the audience import tool. Audiences can be easily organized by various filters and sort tools, as well as live search.
The Invoices page provides access to sort, locate invoices by status or by the invoice type.
The Users page provides access to the users associated with the associated account. A search feature is provided to easily locate specific users as well as sort option to organize users by alphabetic order or date.
User account can be edited to update a variety of settings including name, email, password, groups, currency, time zone and language.
The Partner Configuration page provides access to enter login information for configured partners.