KochavaTracker (Adobe AIR)
The KochavaTracker Adobe AIR SDK allows advertisers to integrate a single SDK to leverage the hundreds of ad network and publisher partners integrated with Kochava. This limits the number of 3rd party SDKs required to run a successful UA strategy and greatly reduces complexity during update cycles.
- Adobe AIR – 18.0 or higher, supporting iOS 64bit
- iOS Target: Xcode 8 or later
- iOS Target: iOS 8.0 or later
- Android Target: Android API Level 9 (Version 2.3) or later
If you are still using an earlier version of Xcode, or want to support an earlier operating system version, or want to support an earlier Android API Level, you may consider using an earlier version of the Adobe AIR SDK.
See KochavaTracker Adobe AIR SDK Versions.
- The Kochava Extension uses Adobe AIR 18.0 or higher for iOS 64bit support. Download the latest version of Adobe AIR.
- Review AS3 documentation.
- Review ‘example/KochavaExample.as’ for a sample application.
- Retrieve the Kochava App GUID(s).
NOTE: KochavaExample.as is a Document Class. If you’re a Flash Professional user and don’t know how to use a document class, refer to Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions at the end of this guide.
- Select your SDK variant
- Add the SDK native extension into your project.
- Create a new Android or iOS project.
- Choose File>Publish Settings.
- Select the wrench icon next to Script for ActionScript Settings.
- Select the Library Path tab.
- Click Browse for Native Extension (ANE) File and select the com.kochava.extensions.Kochava.ane file.
- Click OK.
- Select the wrench icon next to Target for Player Settings.
- Select the Permissions tab, and enable:
There are several different variants of the KochavaTracker Adobe AIR SDK, depending on host that it is being embedded within and its capabilities. For more information on current variants see KochavaTracker Adobe AIR SDK Version 2.0.1.
For Flash Professional CS6 or Higher:
For Flash Builder 4.6 or Higher:
- Go to Project Properties.
- Select Native Extensions under Actionscript Build Path.
- Choose Add ANE… and navigate to the com.kochava.extensions.Kochava.ane file.
- Select Actionscript Build Packaging > Google Android (or iOS if building for that target).
- Select the
Native Extensions tab, and click the Package checkbox next to the extension.
Update Application Descriptor
For Kochava to work, changes are required to the application XML file for the app. Modify the XML file created by your IDE with the following changes:
NOTE: If you’re a Flash Professional user, make sure to follow the steps detailed in Include the Library, otherwise Flash might undo your changes as you make them.
- Set your AIR SDK to 16.0 in the app descriptor file.
- Include a link to the extension in the descriptor.
- Update your Android Manifest Additions in the
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" android:targetSdkVersion="18"/>
<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />
<receiver android:name="com.kochava.android.tracker.ReferralCapture" android:exported="true">
<action android:name="com.android.vending.INSTALL_REFERRER" />
Using the SDK
Once an SDK has been integrated into your project, it’s time to make use of the included classes and resources.
|public class KochavaTracker
The KochavaTracker class provides an interface between a host application and Kochava’s Attribution and Analytics Servers. A tracker manages the exchange of data between these two entities, along with the associated tasks and network transactions.
|private class KochavaEvent
The KochavaEvent class provides a means of defining the parameters for a post-install event, providing standardized types and key names.