This document provides instructions for using the tools that are common to nearly every Analytics page including selecting a date range, filtering data, along with sharing, viewing and exporting device ids.
Analytics Date Field
The data on each Analytics page may be filtered by date range. By default, the data displayed is set to cover the previous 30 days. The following options are available for date range selection:
- Today (The current day from 12:00 am to 11:59:59 pm)
- Yesterday (The last full day from 12:00am to 11:59:59 pm)
- Week-to-date (From Monday to the current time of the current week)
- Last week (From Monday to Sunday of the last completed week)
- Last 7 days (The last 7 days up to the current time of the current day)
- Month-to-date (From the first day of the current month to the current time of the current day)
- Last month (All days within the previous month)
- Last 30 days (The last 30 days including the current day)
- Custom (Based upon selection)
The date range can be adjusted by selecting one of the predefined selections, clicking on the desired dates within the calendar or manually entering the desired date range into the provided date fields.
A. Present date ranges, click to activate
B. Indicates selected data range, can be adjusted by clicking on desired dates
C. Indicates selected date range, can be adjusted by manually entering dates
Sharing Analytics Pages
- From the View Tools drop down menu, Select Copy Link.
- Send the copied link to the intended user(s).
NOTE: Only users that have access to Analytics within your Kochava account will be able to view the data. For more information about User Groups and access, refer to our Roles Overview support document.
Exporting Device IDs
- From the View Tools drop down menu, Select Export Device IDs.
- Once you have opted to export devices you will see a pop-up window displaying the email address the download link will be sent to, as well as a button to access the export status page. Click View Export Status to navigate to the Export Status page.
- The Device ID Export Status page can be accessed by Selecting Analytics drop-down menu>Export Status.
- The Export Status page displays the recent history of batch Device ID exports.
- When the Download CSV link is clicked, a zip file containing a txt file with the exported Device IDs.
NOTE: Kochava will generate a list of the device IDs and export that list in a CSV format. If multiple App data is being displayed within Analytics, a zip file will be created with each app’s device IDs listed in separate CSV files. For more information about adding additional app data to Analytics, refer to the Filters section below.
A. An email will be sent to the displayed email with a link to the CSV file containing the desired device IDs.
B. Click on View Export Status to view the Export Status page.
A. Date the Device ID export was submitted.
B. Filter Name that was applied during device export.
C. The Analytics page from which the export originated.
D. The status of the export.
E. When completed, the download link for Device ID export.
Within Kochava, Cohorts are groups of users that installed an app within a specific date range.
- From the Cohort drop-down menu, Select one of the following:
a. All Time (Displays all Event and all Install data for the selected date range)
b. All Installs (Displays all Installs data within cohort date range)
c. Attributed Installs (Displays only Attributed Installs within cohort date range)
d. Unattributed Installs (Displays on Unattributed Installs within cohort date range)
When a Cohort is selected, the Cohort date field will be presented. Data for users who fall within the Cohort during the Cohort date range will be visualized within the defined Analytics date range.
In the example shown below, the Attributed Install Cohort has been selected with a date range of 4/5/2016 thru 4/7/2016. The data for that group of users will now be displayed within the Analytics date range.
A. Cohort Date Range: This date range determines the group of users to display within the Analytics Date Range
B. Analytics Date Range: This date range determines the overall length of time displayed
C. Data displaying the selected Cohort within the Analytics Date Range
NOTE: By default, All Time is applied which displays all relevant data.
NOTE: If a Cohort is applied, that Cohort will stay active until deactivated even when navigating to other Analytic pages.
Filters can be used to further refine, organize and visualize the displayed data in a method that is most beneficial. Multiple filters can be added and saved for later use.
- Click Add Filter.
Added filters may be inclusive or exclusive. Select from the following filters categories:
- App: Based on the available apps within account.
- Campaign: Based on campaign naming conventions.
- Device: Based on user agent.
- Events: Based on Standard or Custom events.
- Location: Based on IP address.
- Attribution: Based on attributed installs and campaign attribution settings.
- Traffic Verification: Based on Traffic success or failure.
Once the filter category has been selected, one or more values may be added per filter.
Updating Filter Sets:
Filters can be saved and reapplied within any of the Analytics pages.
- Select the Filter drop down menu, Select desired Filter.
- Add desired values.
- Click “X” to remove Filter.
B. Click “+” to add metric
C. Click “X” to remove metric
D. Click “X” to remove Filter and associated Metric(s)
- Click the “X” to remove a value.
- Click “+” to add a value.
- Click Save Filters.
A. Enter Filter Set name
Applying Saved Filter Sets:
- Select the Saved States drop down box.
- Select the desired Filter Set.
A. Select the desired Filter Set
Deleting Filter Sets:
When saved Filter Sets are no longer needed, they can be deleted.
- Select the Saved States drop down box.
- Select the desired Filter Set.
- Click “X” to remove.
A. Click “X” to remove
The currency for purchase events can be displayed in many different currency formats from around the world. Kochava utilizes an open source API for capturing exchange rates, offering real time conversions when manipulating options within the UI . Exchange rates are also stored and updated every 30 minutes. Users can also set a currency default to any of the supported currency formats. Where available, mousing over purchase events will display the event value for a given date in the selected currency.
The Currency Selection drop down menu is located at the top of each Analytic page. Selecting a different currency format will update the displayed data on the Analytics page.
NOTE: The default currency for the selected app is indicated above the Currency Selection drop down menu.
A. Original Currency
B. Currency displayed in USD
C. Currency displayed in EUR
|Original||The currency which represents the majority of the Purchase/Revenue events sent to Kochava through a Server-to-Server feed or a custom defined event within the SDK.|
|AED||United Arab Emirates Dirham|
|ANG||Netherlands Antillean Guilder|
|BAM||Bosnia-Herzegovina Convertible Mark|
|CLF||Chilean Unit of Account (UF)|
|CRC||Costa Rican Colón|
|CUC||Cuban Convertible Peso|
|CVE||Cape Verdean Escudo|
|CZK||Czech Republic Koruna|
|FKP||Falkland Islands Pound|
|GBP||British Pound Sterling|
|HKD||Hong Kong Dollar|
|ILS||Israeli New Sheqel|
|KPW||North Korean Won|
|KRW||South Korean Won|
|KYD||Cayman Islands Dollar|
|LKR||Sri Lankan Rupee|
|NZD||New Zealand Dollar|
|PEN||Peruvian Nuevo Sol|
|PGK||Papua New Guinean Kina|
|SBD||Solomon Islands Dollar|
|SHP||Saint Helena Pound|
|SLL||Sierra Leonean Leone|
|STD||São Tomé and Príncipe Dobra|
|TTD||Trinidad and Tobago Dollar|
|TWD||New Taiwan Dollar|
|USD||United States Dollar|
|VEF||Venezuelan Bolívar Fuerte|
|XAF||CFA Franc BEAC|
|XAG||Silver (troy ounce)|
|XAU||Gold (troy ounce)|
|XCD||East Caribbean Dollar|
|XDR||Special Drawing Rights|
|XOF||CFA Franc BCEAO|
|ZAR||South African Rand|
|ZMK||Zambian Kwacha (pre-2013)|