The following document defines the process for creating a campaign to track pre-installed app bundles installed on Android devices.
Data Needed Before Beginning Process:
- Kochava SDK installed on the pre-loaded app
- Configure the pre-loaded app(s):
- Configure to make a background web request on first launch “or”
- Configure app bundle to fire click upon open
- Create an app within Kochava.
- Create a Campaign.
- Create a Segment.
- Create a Tracker using a VPPN or network responsible for the campaign.
- Configure the pre-loaded apps to make a background web request (fire a click on the Kochava tracker) upon first launch prior to the Kochava SDK initializing and sending that install notification to the Kochava servers.
- If the app is pre-loaded as part of a bundle (e.g., Game Center), configure the click to fire upon opening of that app bundle.
NOTE: If the above procedure flow is completed correctly, all installs of the pre-loaded apps will be attributed to the VPPN or network, and will be clearly defined apart from other installs.
Create an App within Kochava
If not already completed, create an app within Kochava. For more information about creating an app within Kochava, refer to our Create/Edit Apps support documentation.
Create a Campaign within Kochava
If you have not already, create a Campaign within Kochava. For more information about creating a Campaign within Kochava, refer to our Create an Install Campaign support documentation.
Create a Segment
Create a Segment to track the pre-installed app installation. For more information about creating a Segment, refer to our Create an Install Campaign support documentation.
Create a Tracker
- Click Add a Tracker or Select Segment Tools>Add a Tracker.
- Select the Campaign.
- Select the Segment.
- Enter the Tracker Name.
- Select Tracker Type>Acquisition. (default setting)
- Select a Media Partner.
- Select an Agency Partner. (optional)
- Enter or update the Install Destination URL.
- Add a Custom Parameter of “pbr=1”. (suggested)
- Enter a Price Type and Target Pricing. (optional)
- Click Save. (if no further Trackers need to be created)
- Click Save and Add Another Tracker. (if additional Trackers need to be created)
- Click Save & Create Postback. (to navigate directly to the Partner Configuration page)
NOTE: In order to streamline the Campaign/Segment/Tracker creation process a feature has been added to allow the creation of campaigns and segments while creating a new tracker. For more information about creating a campaign or segment while adding a new tracker, refer to our Create an Install Campaign support document. support documentation.
A. Campaign and Segment selection/creation section.
B. A click will be sent to Kochava without redirecting the user, but adding a Custom Parameter of “pbr=1” will prevent any redirect and is suggested.
Create a Postback
If desired, create a postback. For more information on creating postbacks, refer to our Create a Kochava-Certified Postback support documentation.