The Fraud Console Anonymous Installs page provides a detailed view of the number of installs where the IP address has been anonymized. Kochava can identify the following types of anonymizers:
- Hosting Providers/Data Center: Since hosting providers and data centers can serve to provide anonymity, Kochava flags IP addresses associated with them.
- VPN services: These services offer users a publicly accessible VPN for the purpose of hiding their IP address.
- Public Proxies: These are proxies that are available for free and publicly posted.
- Tor Exit Nodes: The Tor Project is an open network used by those who wish to maintain anonymity.
NOTE: The information contained within this page provides information for both marketers and premium publishers. Distinct differences between the views and tools available to premium publishers and marketers will be specifically noted where applicable.
Fraud Console Interface
- Log into Kochava.
- Select Account Options>Fraud Console.
- From the Fraud Console drop-down menu, Select Anonymous Installs.
NOTE: By default, the Fraud Console Summary page is loaded.
Anonymous Installs Overview
The Anonymous Installs page is divided into four main sections, the Anonymous Installs Volume graph, metrics section, Account/App select section and data detail section.
NOTE: Account selection is available for premium publisher users and App selection is available for marketing users.
A. Anonymous Installs Click Volume Graph
B. Metrics (Date Range, Platform, Group By)
C. Account/App Selection Section
D. Data Detail Section
High Click Volume IP Address Metrics
Date Range (UTC):
The date range for the Anonymous Installs page may be filtered by date range. By default, the data displayed is set to cover the previous 30 days. The following options are available for date range selection:
- Today (The current day from 12:00 am to 11:59:59 pm)
- Yesterday (The last full day from 12:00am to 11:59:59 pm)
- Week-to-date (From Monday to the current time of the current week)
- Last week (From Monday to Sunday of the last completed week)
- Last 7 days (The last 7 days up to the current time of the current day)
- Month-to-date (From the first day of the current month to the current time of the current day)
- Last month (All days within the previous month)
- Last 30 days (The last 30 days including the current day)
- Custom (Based upon selection)
The date range can be adjusted by selecting one of the predefined selections, clicking on the desired dates within the calendar or manually entering the desired date range into the provided date fields.
A. Preset date ranges, click to activate
B. Indicates selected data range, can be adjusted by clicking on desired dates
C. Indicates selected date range, can be adjusted by manually entering dates
The available options for platform selection is dependent on the marketer’s app or the premium publishers compatibility.
The following options are available for the Group By option:
Premium Publishers –
The data displayed in the Anonymous Installs Volume Graph and the Data Detail section will display the data associated with either the Accounts or Apps selected. By default, all premium publisher accounts or marketer apps are selected. Accounts or apps may be deselected, and the amount of data associated with the Account or App is indicated by the blue bar directly below the account or app.
A. Select or deselect all accounts/apps.
B. Selected accounts/apps.
C. Indication of amount of data associated with account/app.
D. Deselected account/app.
Anonymous Installs Volume Graph
The Anonymous Installs Volume Graph is a visual representation of installs where the IP address has been anonymized. Kochava identifies the installs associated with anonymizers such as Hosting Providers, VPNs, Proxy Servers and TOR applications. Mousing over any of the rows will display the corresponding anonymizer’s Install Volume.
A. Anonymizer Categories
B. Install Volumes
C. Mouse Over Data
Refine Anonymizer Category
Refine Anonymizer Category:
The data for a specific Anonymizer categories can be viewed in further detail.
- Click and hold on a start Anonymizer.
- Drag to the end Anonymizer and release.
A. Click, hold and drag over an Anonymizer range.
The selected Anonymizer range is now displayed. Specific data for each Anonymizer within the refined range can be viewed by mousing over the address.
NOTE: The Anonymizer range can be refined down to two anonymizers.
Return to Full Graph:
In order to return to the full graph, Click Show all.
A. Mouseover to view Anonymizer specific data.
B. Click to return to original Anonymizer range.
The Detail Data section provides an in-depth look into the specific install counts. Data is organized by the selected Group By option and selections or deselections will be reflected within the Anonymous Installs Volume Graph. The data may also be exported to a CVS file.
NOTE: The CSV file produced with contain only the top level group by category.
A. Top Level Group By category.
B. Install Count detail data.
C. Second Level Group By category.
Top level Group By categories can be expanded by clicking on the Category Expand button.
Data within the Detail Data section can exported by clicking on the Download Button.
Blacklisting a Site
Marketers have the opportunity to add sites to their Account Blacklist which enables the application of the Kochava Fraud Blacklist traffic verification rules.
- Select the desired Group By.
NOTE: Apps, Networks and Trackers are not eligible to be added to the Global Fraud Blacklist, their Add Site ID to Blacklist button will be grayed out.
NOTE: To manage the real-time Global Blacklist, refer to or Global Fraud Blacklist support documentation.
A. Group By Expand Button.
B. Add Site ID to Blacklist Button.
C. App, Network or Tracker which cannot be added to the Global Fraud Blacklist.