Within Fraud Console, the Ad Stacking Clicks page provides a detailed view of network sites that may be placing multiple ads on top of each other in a single ad slot. The page provides a visual overview of potential ad stacking as well as detailed numbers grouped in several different configurations, which provides a robust analysis of potential fraud.
NOTE: The information contained within this page provides information for both marketers and premium publishers. Distinct differences between the views and tools available to premium publishers and marketers will be specifically noted where applicable.
Fraud Console Interface
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select Account Options>Fraud Console.
- From the Fraud Console drop-down menu, Select Ad Stacking Clicks.
NOTE: By default, the Fraud Console Summary page is loaded.
Ad Stacking Clicks Overview
The Ad Stacking Clicks page is divided into four main sections, the Clicks graph, metrics section, Account/App select section and data detail section.
NOTE: Account selection is available for premium publisher users and App selection is available for marketing users.
A. Clicks graph
B. Metrics (Date Range, Platform, Group By)
C. Account/App Select Section
D. Data Detail Section
Ad Stacking Clicks Metrics
Date Range (UTC):
The Ad Stacking Clicks page may be filtered by date range. By default, the data displayed is set to cover the previous 30 days. The following options are available for date range selection:
- Today (The current day from 12:00 am to 11:59:59 pm)
- Yesterday (The last full day from 12:00am to 11:59:59 pm)
- Week-to-date (From Monday to the current time of the current week)
- Last week (From Monday to Sunday of the last completed week)
- Last 7 days (The last 7 days up to the current time of the current day)
- Month-to-date (From the first day of the current month to the current time of the current day)
- Last month (All days within the previous month)
- Last 30 days (The last 30 days including the current day)
- Custom (Based upon selection)
The date range can be adjusted by selecting one of the predefined selections, clicking on the desired dates within the calendar or manually entering the desired date range into the provided date fields.
A. Preset date ranges, click to activate
B. Indicates selected data range, can be adjusted by clicking on desired dates
C. Indicates selected date range, can be adjusted by manually entering dates
The available options for platform selection is dependent on the marketer’s app or the premium publishers compatibility.
The following options are available for the Group By option:
Premium Publishers –
The data displayed in the Clicks Graph and the Data Detail section will display the data associated with either the Accounts or Apps selected. By default, all premium publishers accounts or marketer apps are selected. Accounts or apps may be deselected and the amount of data associated with the Account or App is indicated by the blue bar directly below the account or app.
A. Select or deselect all accounts/apps.
B. Selected accounts/apps.
C. Indication of amount of data associated with account/app.
D. Deselected account/app.
The Clicks Graph is a visual representation of the Same Account Clicks, Different Account Clicks, Total Clicks and Installs associated with ad stacking. Mousing over one of the ad stacking categories will display the specific data for that category.
A. Ad Stacking Clicks Categories.
B. Mouseover Data.
- Same Account Clicks – Clicks that occurred within the same ad space for the same account within Kochava.
- Different Account Clicks – Clicks that occurred within the same ad space for different accounts within Kochava.
- Total Clicks – The total number of clicks that occurred within the same ad space for accounts within Kochava.
- Installs – The total number of installs that occurred by users clicking on ads within the same ad space for accounts within Kochava.
The data displayed in the Clicks Graph will be updated based upon the Group By selected.
The Detail Data section provides an in-depth look into the numbers within the Different Account, Same Account, Total Clicks and Install Count categories. Data is organized by the selected Group By option and selections or deselections will be reflected within the Clicks Graph. The data may also be exported to a CVS file.
NOTE: The CSV file produced with contain only the top level group by category.
A. Top Level Group By category.
B. Ad Stacking Clicks detail data.
C. Second Level Group By category.
Blacklisting a Site
Marketers have the opportunity to add sites to their Account Blacklist which enables the application of the Kochava Fraud Blacklist traffic verification rules.
- Select the desired Group By.
NOTE: Apps, Networks and Trackers are not eligible to be added to the Global Fraud Blacklist, their Add Site ID to Blacklist button will be grayed out.
NOTE: To manage the real-time Global Blacklist, refer to or Global Fraud Blacklist support documentation.
A. Group By Expand Button.
B. Add Site ID to Blacklist Button.
C. App, Network or Tracker which cannot be added to the Global Fraud Blacklist.