The following document defines the process for testing a Campaign within Kochava.
Locate the desired Campaign and click the expand button. Locate the desired Tracker, Select Tracker Tools (⋮) > Edit. Locate the Click URL. Copy and Email the Click URL to an email address accessible from the test device. Replace Macros. From the test device, Click the Click URL. Install the app. Launch the app on the test device. Select Apps & Assets > Partner Configuration. Locate the desired Partner Configuration and Click Partner Configuration Tools (⋮) > Postbacks. Select the Install Postback > Postback Tools (⋮) > Recent Postbacks.
Preparation of the Test Device: (Complete one of the following)
- The test device has never had the app installed.
- The app has been uninstalled and the device has been scrubbed. For more information on scrubbing the test device, refer to our Scrubbing a Device ID support documentation.
Procedures Completed Before Beginning Process:
- Campaign successfully created within Kochava. For more information, refer to our Campaign Management support documentation.
- Postback successfully created within Kochava. For more information, refer to our Create a Kochava-Certified Postback support documentation.
Testing a Campaign Procedures
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired Account and App.
- Select Links > Campaign Manager.
NOTE: It is vitally important that the Device_ID parameter macros be replaced with your devices identifier if testing device level matching.
NOTE: Ensure to install a version of the app that contains the Kochava SDK.
NOTE: After the app has been installed, it MUST be launched to complete the attribution process.
NOTE: Examine the Recent Postback list for the install event for the test device.
NOTE: If the app install onto the test device does not appear in the Recent Postbacks, contact your Client Success Management team for further assistance.