Data Needed Before Beginning Process:
- Valid Snapchat account.
- The App Store ID. (Obtained from app developer, app manager or app store)
- Snapchat Partner ad account ID(s). (optional)
Use Cases for Snapchat Campaign:
- An app marketing campaign with Snapchat has been created.
- An app marketing campaign with a Snapchat Partner has been created.
NOTE: For Snapchat to receive post-install event information, a reengagement tracker must be created for the events that need to pass to Snapchat. If attribution does not need to be tracked, ensure that the proper options are configured in the postback configuration for Snapchat. For more information about creating a reengagement tracker, refer to our Create a Snapchat Reengagement Campaign support documentation.
Create a Snapchat Campaign
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired Account and App.
- Select Links > Campaign Manager.
- Click Add a Tracker or Select Segment Tools (⋮) > Add a Tracker.
- Select the Campaign.
- Select the Segment.
- Enter the Tracker Name.
- Select Tracker Type > Acquisition. (default setting)
- Select Media Partner > Snapchat.
- Select an Agency Partner. (optional)
- Enter the Install Destination URL.
- Enter a Deep Link. (optional)
- Enter Custom Parameters. (not required)
- Enter Pricing. (not required)
- Click Submit. (If no further trackers need to be created).
- Click Save & Add Another Tracker. (If additional trackers need to be created).
- Click Save & Create Postback. (To navigate directly to the Partner Configuration page).
NOTE: In order to streamline the Campaign/Segment/Tracker creation process a feature has been added to allow the creation of campaigns and segments while creating a new tracker. For more information about creating a campaign or segment while adding a new tracker, refer to our Create an Install Campaign support documentation.
NOTE: When a Tracker is created, Kochava automatically generates a name for the Tracker. We recommend that you replace the Tracker name at this point with a clear name of your choosing.
A. Campaign and Segment selection/creation section.
Create a Postback Configuration
- Select Apps & Assets > Partner Configuration.
- Click Add a Configuration.
- Select Network Partner > Snapchat.
- Click Go.
- Select Install > Postback Tools (⋮) > Edit.
- Enter the App Store App ID.
- Enter the Snap App ID (SnapKit App ID). (optional)
- Enter the Adquant Snap Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the Webpals Mobile Snapchat Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the Dsgner Media Snap Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the Amobee Snap Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the Sprinklr Snap Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the Brand Networks Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the Bidalgo Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the 4C – iOS Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Enter the 4C – Android Ad Account ID. (optional)
- Select the Delivery Delay. (optional)
- Select the Retry Atempts. (optional)
- Review and Accept the Snapchat Terms & Conditions.
- Click Save.
NOTE: Snapchat advertisers who run ads for an app from multiple Business Manager Organizations will need to create a Snap App ID for their app within each. Each of the Snap App IDs will then need to be entered into the MMP form field separated by commas. For example: My app is named “City Boutique” but my company has a Business Manager Organization account for the US market, and one for the UK market with different organization admins. Both of the accounts will need to create a unique Snap App ID for the “City Boutique” app. For more information contact your sales representative or learn more on the Snap Business Help Center.
NOTE: If a campaign with a Snapchat partner will be set up, ensure that the corresponding Ad Account ID has been entered.
A. Comma separated app ids.
B. Enter the optional Snapchat partner account ID(s).