The following document defines the process for creating a Snapchat campaign within Kochava.
Data Needed Before Beginning Process:
- Valid Snapchat account.
- The app Store ID – Obtained from app developer, app manager or app store
Use Cases for Snapchat Campaign:
- An app marketing campaign with Snapchat has been created.
Create a Snapchat Campaign
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired app.
- Select App Tools>Campaign Manager.
- Click Add a Campaign.
- Enter a unique Campaign Name.
- Default Destination URL. (not required)
- Click Submit.
A. Not required, Snapchat handles the redirect.
Create a Segment
- Select Campaign Tools>Add a Segment.
- Enter a Segment Name.
- Enter a Segment Description. (optional)
- Click Submit.
NOTE: The Segment Name should be easily identifiable within the associated campaign.
Create a Tracker
- Click Segment Tools>Add A Tracker.
- Enter the Tracker Name.
- Select Tracker Type>Acquisition. (default setting)
- Select Select A Network>Snapchat.
- Enter Custom Parameters. (not required)
- Enter Pricing. (not required)
- Click Submit. (If no further trackers need to be created).
- Click Save & Add Another Tracker. (If additional trackers need to be created).
NOTE: When a Tracker is created, Kochava automatically generates a name for the Tracker. We recommend that you replace the Tracker name at this point with a clear name of your choosing.
A. A Click URL will be generated, but is not required.
Create a Postback Configuration
- Select App Tools>Partner Configuration.
- Click Add a Configuration.
- Select Network Partner>Snapchat.
- Click Go.
- Select Install>Postback Tools>Edit.
- Enter the App Store App ID.
- Select the Delivery Delay. (optional)
- Select the Retry Atempts. (optional)
- Click Save.