Google is a SAN (Self-Attributing Network) but is still eligible to claim events as re-engagement conversions. The following document defines the process for creating a Google reengagment campaign within Kochava.
NOTE: The reengagement campaign set up in Kochava sends event data to Google in order to build audiences and/or retarget known users and to know when those efforts are successful. If no corresponding reengagement campaigns are setup within Google, Kochava will only send event data to Google for audience construction and targeting, but will not “convert” based on reengagement campaigns.
Create a Kochava Tracker
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired app.
- If not already created, create a new Google campaign. For more information about creating campaigns, refer to our Google Android or Google iOS support documentation.
- Enter a Tracker Name.
- Select Segment Tools>Add a Tracker.
- Select Tracker Type>Reengagement.
- Select a Network:
- Enter a Deeplink. (optional)
- Enter a Custom Parameter. (optional)
- Select the reengagement Event.
- Click Submit (if no further trackers need to be created).
- Click Save and Add Another Tracker (if additional trackers need to be created).
a. Google AdMob – iOS
b. Google AdMob – Android
NOTE: Reengagement attribution will be assigned for this tracker in response to the event(s) selected.
Create a New Kochava Postback Configuration
- Select App Tools>Partner Configuration.
- Click Add a Configuration.
- Select Network Configuration:
- Locate the desired postback event and Select Edit Postback.
- Enter the Conversion ID.
- Enter the Conversion Label.
- Enter the Bundle ID. (i.e Package Name – Android)
- Select the Delivery Delay. (optional)
- Select the number of Retry Attempts.
- Select the Delivery Method.
- Click Save.
a. Google – iOS
b. Google – Android