The following document defines the process for creating a Google Adwords reengagment campaign.
Create a Reengagement Tracker
NOTE: For Google to receive post-install event information, a re-engagement tracker must be created for each event individually that you wish to pass to Google. If attribution does not need to be tracked, ensure that the proper options are configured in the postback configuration for Google Adwords.
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired app.
- If not already created, create a new Google campaign. For more information about creating campaigns, refer to our Google Integration support documentation.
- Enter a unique Tracker Name.
- Select the Tracker Type>Reengagement.
- Select Media Partner>Google Adwords.
- Select the Destination URL Type>Custom. (default setting)
- Enter a Deeplink. (optional)
- Enter any Custom Parameters. (optional)
- Enter Pricing. (optional)
- Add desired reengagement Event.
- Click Save if no additional trackers need to be created.
- Click Save & Add Another Tracker if additional trackers need to be created.
A. Campaign and Segment selection/creation section.
B. Click “+” to add a reengagement event.
Create a Reengagement Postback
Post-install events sent to Google must be designated with the corresponding Google App Event Type using the drop down menu within the Partner Configuration UI. Google has eight event types to select:
- Session Start
- In_App Purchase
- View Item List
- View Item
- View Search Results
- Add to Cart
- eCommerce Purchase
NOTE: The ‘Custom’ event may be used for any post-install events that do not correspond to one of Google’s pre-defined App Event Types.
- Select App Tools>Partner Configuration.
- Click Add a Configuration.
- Select Network Partner>Google Adwords.
- Click Go.
- Locate the desired Post-Install Event, Click Postback Tools>Edit.
- Enter the Link ID.
- Select the App Event Type
- If using the Custom Event Type, Enter an Event Name. (optional)
- Enter the Kenshoo Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Septini Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Septeni Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Sprinkler Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Cyberagent Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Cognant Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Marin Software Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the AI Media Group Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Bidalgo Customer ID. (optional)
- Enter the Yahoo! Japan Customer ID. (optional)
- Select the Delivery Delay.
- Select the number of Retry Attempts.
- Click Save.
NOTE: If using the ‘Custom’ event designation and the Event Name field is left blank, the Event as called out within the Kochava UI will be passed to Google by default. If an event name is entered, that customer defined name will be passed to Google instead.
NOTE: The default setting for Delivery Method is set to All and cannot be modified.