Kochava’s Post-Install Event Configuration UI (User Interface) allows the management of events being sent to Kochava. Included are Post-Install Events and associated segmentation data, as well as events that need to be remapped in order to meet Network-Specific Event Postback requirements.
Use Cases for Post-Install Events:
- Gather in-app purchase information that can be used for LTV (Lifetime Value) calculation.
- Create a JSON formatted string in which several data points can be tracked.
- Pass any piece of information to be paired with an event title.
Create an Event
Post-Install Events allow users to understand and correlate the relationship between attribution source information and Post-Install behavior. The following steps provide instructions for creating Events within Kochava.
- Log in to Kochava.
- Locate the desired app.
- Select App Tools>Events.
Standard Event Configuration
The following options are available for configuring Standard Events:
- Disable (Temporarily stop the tracking of the event)
- Not Revenue (Revenue is not associated with the event)
- Is Revenue (Revenue is associated with the event)
- Delete (Permanently remove the event)
A. Indicates Revenue Event
Custom Event Configuration
The following additional options are available for configuring Custom Events:
NOTE: The standard event options are also available for Custom Events. For more information on standard event options, refer to the Standard Event Configuration section above.
- Remap (Forward all incoming data from one event to another)
a. Select Standard Destination, or Select Custom Destination.
b. Click Submit.
NOTE: When an event is remapped, that event will be disabled. All incoming data will be forwarded to the destination selected during the remapping process.
NOTE: Ensure that the proper naming conventions are used with the network partner when remapping an event. If improper naming conventions are not used, the event may not remap properly. For more information about event naming conventions, contact the specific network partner.