The following document defines the process for creating an Apple Search Ads campaign within Kochava. Apple Search Ads is a mobile advertising platform which allows advertisements to be embedded into Apple products such as iPhones, iPods and iPads.
NOTE: Apple Search Ads was formerly called iAd.
NOTE: Apple Search Ads Campaigns are available for iOS apps only, no Postback is required and a tracking URL does not need to be provided to Apple Search Ads.
Data Needed Before Beginning Process:
- Kochava SDK must be implemented.
- SDK Version 20160720 or later must be implemented within the app. (Recommended)
NOTE: Apple Search Ads may also be utilized with a Server-to-Server integration. For more information refer to our Install Notification Setup support documentation.
Use Cases for Apple Search Ads Campaign:
- An app marketing campaign with Apple Search Ads has been created.
Create an Apple Search Ads Campaign
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired app.
- Select App Tools>Campaign Manager.
- Click Add a Tracker or Select Segment Tools>Add a Tracker.
- Enter a unique Tracker Name.
- Select the Tracker Type>Aquisition.
- Select Media Partner>Apple Search Ads.
- Select Pricing. (optional)
- Click Save. (If no further trackers need to be created)
- Click Save & Add Another Tracker. (If additional trackers need to be created).
a. Select the Campaign.
b. Select the Segment.
NOTE: In order to streamline the Campaign/Segment/Tracker creation process a feature has been added to allow the creation of campaigns and segments while creating a new tracker. For more information about creating a campaign or segment while adding a new tracker, refer to our Create an Install Campaign support document. support documentation.
NOTE: By default the Tracker Type is set to Aquisition.
A. Campaign and Segment selection/creation section.