The following document defines the process for creating an Apple Search Ads campaign within Kochava. Apple Search Ads is a mobile advertising platform which allows advertisements to be embedded into Apple products such as iPhones, iPods and iPads.
NOTE: Apple Search Ads was formerly called iAd.
NOTE: Apple Search Ads Campaigns are available for iOS apps only, no Postback is required and a tracking URL does not need to be provided to Apple Search Ads.
Data Needed Before Beginning Process:
- Kochava SDK must be implemented. (Apple Search Ads does not support Server-to-Server integration)
- SDK Version 20160720 or later must be implemented within the app. (Recommended)
NOTE: Apple Search Ads may also be utilized with a Server-to-Server integration. For more information refer to our Install Notification Setup support documentation.
Use Cases for Apple Search Ads Campaign:
- An app marketing campaign with Apple Search Ads has been created.
Create an Apple Search Ads Campaign
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired app.
- Select App Tools>Campaign Manager.
- Click Add a Campaign.
- Enter a unique Campaign Name.
- Enter the Default Destination URL.
- Click Submit.
Create a New Segment
- Select Campaign Tools>Add a Segment.
- Enter a unique Segment Name.
- Enter a Description. (optional)
- Click Submit.
Create a New Tracker
- Select Segment Tools>Add a Tracker.
- Enter a unique Tracker Name.
- Select the Tracker Type.
- Select Select a Network>Apple Search Ads.
- Select Share with Publisher.
- Enter a Deeplink. (optional)
- Enter any Custom Parameters. (optional)
- Select Pricing. (optional)
- Click Submit. (If no further trackers need to be created)
- Click Save & Add Another Tracker. (If additional trackers need to be created).
NOTE: By default the Tracker Type is set to 3rd Party Tracking.
NOTE: By default, the Share with Publisher option is checked.