The following document defines the process for creating an app within Kochava.
NOTE: If you are using our pixel tracking option to track something other than an app on a landing page (such as registrations, searches, or offer accepts), you can create an “app” that is your landing page. The process is the same.
NOTE: The following procedures are for all app platforms. Where differences exist between platforms, specific instructions have been provided.
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select Account Options>Apps.
- Click Add an App.
- Enter the App Name.
- Select a Platform:
- BlackBerry 5-7
- BlackBerry 10
- Select an Integration:
- SDK: Adobe Air
- SDK: Cordova (PhoneGap)
- SDK: Cordova
- SDK: Native iOS
- SDK: Unity
- SDK: Xamarin
- Server to Server
- If no additional settings need to be modified, Click Save.
- If additional settings need to be modified, proceed to the Optional Settings section of this document.
- Select Is Your App Live On An App Store?:
- Yes (App is live on an app store)
- No (App is not live on an app store)
- Enter the App Store URL. (optional)
- Enter the App Store ID. (optional)
- Enter the app SKU. (optional)
- Select Utilize Google Install Referrer Begin Time: (Android only)
NOTE: The App Store URL is the location from which the app can be downloaded (Google Play, Google Market or iTunes Store URL) if available. Once entered, the App Store URL will become the Default Destination URL for click tracking links.
NOTE: For apps targeting the Samsung marketplace, please use the following DeepLink convention for App Store URL. Example: samsungapps://ProductPage/ProdoctDetail
Enabling Push Messages
In order to enable Push Messaging, an app must be created and the app GUID verified.
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select Account Options>Apps.
- Locate the desired app.
- Click App Tools Menu>Edit App.
- Select a Push Certificate Type:
- Click Upload Certificate File, and upload the certificate file.
- Enter the Certificate Password.
- Enter the GCM Key.
iOS Push Settings:
Android Push Settings:
Intelligent Consent Management (ICM)
Intelligent Consent Management is Kochava’s tool to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enacted by the European Union. For more information on GDPR, refer to the EU General Data Protection Regulation overview documentation.
- Select level of Consent Management:
- Off – Set as default, there will be no request for consent from any user no matter the location.
- Present in EU Only – A request for consent will be made for any user within the EU, if consent is not given data will not be processed.
- Present Globally – A request for consent will be made for any user regardless of location, if consent is not given data will not be processed.
- Enter the Reprompt Interval (For Opted Out Users) number of days.
NOTE: Users who have opted out of GDPR may be sent reprompts at a specific interval. The Reprompt Interval by default is set to 30 days.
- Enter the Prompt Version.
NOTE: The Prompt Version enables the internal tracking of when and why prompts were sent to users. Descriptive prompts will enable the quick location of information. For more information on GDPR prompts, contact your Client Success Management team.
A. Select when prompts will be sent to users.
B. Click the provided link to view GDPR regulations.
C. After an app has been created, click the link to view partners that postbacks are being sent to for the associated app.
- Adjust Group Permissions. (optional)
NOTE: Turning a group OFF will not allow that specific group access to this app, while turning a group ON will allow that group access.
- Enable Traffic Processing. (optional)
- Enable iBeacons. (optional)
NOTE: By default Traffic Processing is disabled.
NOTE: By default iBeacons is disabled. For more information about iBeacons, contact your Client Success Managers.
- Select the Transaction Time:
- Enable Overwrite Origination IP. (optional)
- Enable Use Short Version. (optional)
NOTE: By default the Transaction Time is set to Device which sends the time of install based on the device’s time. When Kochava is selected, if the device does not have internet access at the time of first launch, the time of attribution will be logged at the time Kochava receives the install attribution data. On S2S installs if Kochava is selected the attribution time will always be logged at time of receipt.
NOTE: By default Overwrite Origination IP is disabled. When enabled, the IP provided with origination_ip will be overwritten with the IP sent with the request. This setting should remain disabled unless specifically instructed by your Client Success Managers.
NOTE: By default Use Short Version is disabled. When enabled the app version is reported as CF BundleShortVersionString instead of CF BundleVersion for iOS, and versionName instead of versionCode for Android.
- Enable Currency Normalization.
NOTE: By default Currency Normalization is enabled. When this option is enabled, Kochava will dynamically convert all inbound purchase events with a non-US currency to a US Dollar currency.
SDK Device Identifier Gathering:
This section provides access to determine whether specific types of device IDs are gathered or not. The following device IDs may be selected for collection:
- Open UDID
- Facebook Attribution ID
- Android ID
- ADID + Others
- Affinity Group
- Email Address (OFF by default)
- Send Identifier Updates (OFF by default
NOTE: Send Identifier Updates when enabled notifies Kochava when a device ID has been updated and provides the new device ID for the associated device. Before toggling this setting to ON, contact your Client Success Managers for further details.