Use Cases for SmartLink™ Creation:
A SmartLink™ enables Kochava users to perform tasks such as:
- Create a single link for off-network marketing (email, SMS, company website, social) enabling customers from different mobile platforms to reach the correct app store or download destination.
- Use a single link to redirect customers to geo-specific app stores.
- Create device OS version conditions to offer users the best experience for their device.
- Monitor performance of Campaigns utilizing SmartLinks™.
NOTE: The following instructions provide the procedures for creating a basic SmartLink™ for two apps of different operating systems (i.e., iOS and Android).
NOTE: Amazon devices will be redirected to the Google Play Store when an Amazon App is added to a Smartlink™ App Group. For more information, contact your Client Success Managers.
NOTE: Windows devices will be redirected to the Catch-All Destination URL when a Windows App is added to a Smartlink™ App Group. For more information, contact your Client Success Managers.
NOTE: At this time, SmartLink™ does not support BlackBerry due to the fact that the BlackBerry user agent cannot be parsed. For more information, contact your Client Success Managers.
Create an App
- If not previously setup, create an app. For more information on creating an app, refer to Create/Edit Apps.
NOTE: An app must be created within Kochava for each app that will be associated with the SmartLink™.
Dynamic Routing User Interface
- Log in to Kochava.
- Select the desired Account.
- Select Smartlinks > Dynamic Routing.
App Group Location and Organization Tools
App Groups can be easily located by utilizing the search and organization tools.
Live Search Tools:
App Groups can be located using the live search tool by typing part of all of the name of the app group.
App Group Organization:
App Groups can be organized by using one of the following:
- Name (A-Z)
- Name (Z-A)
- Date (Newest)
- Date (Oldest)
Creating an App Group
- Click Add an App Group.
- Enter a unique App Group Name.
- Select at least two (2) apps from the drop-down lists.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: More than two (2) apps may be selected, for more information on using SmartLinks™ for more than two apps contact your Client Success Managers.
A. Select Apps to Group
Create a SmartLink™
- Select App Group Tools (⋮) > Add a SmartLink or Click on the App Group > App Group Tools (⋮) > Add a SmartLink.
- Enter a unique SmartLink™ Name.
- Enter a Destination Name for each app.
- Enter Destination URL.
- Update the Catch-All > Destination URL.
- Select Target App (For Tracking) > Desired App.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: Default SmartLink™ is automatically generated within the SmartLink™ name field. While no adjustment to this SmartLink™ name is needed, it is highly recommended that a unique SmartLink™ name be entered for ease of identification.
NOTE: If the destination URL was entered during app creation, this field will be automatically populated during the creation of a SmartLink™.
NOTE: Kochava.com is set as the default. A location such as the company homepage should be entered, which will function as the destination for any devices that do not meet the defined criteria
NOTE: A tracker will be created under the campaign of the app selected as the Target App (For Tracking) for displaying the data associated with the SmartLink™. Also a “Catch-All” tracker will be created to track any unmatched traffic within the same campaign.
A. Select a Target App
Editing a SmartLink™
NOTE: The following steps begin from the App Groups page. If you are not located on the App Groups page, navigate there by selecting SmartLinks > Dynamic Routing.
- Click the App Group Tools menu (⋮).
- Click View SmartLinks.
- Locate the desired SmartLink and Click the SmartLink Tools menu (⋮) > Edit.
Once a SmartLink™ has been created, a tracker for the SmartLink™ and Default Destination “Catch-All” will be created. These trackers can be viewed from the Campaign Manager or through the App Group manager.
- Locate and Click on the desired App Group.
- Click View SmartLinks.
- Click on the desired SmartLink™.
- Click the SmartLink™ expand button.
- Click Jump to Campaign.
- Click the SmartLink™ Tracker expand button.
B. Target App
NOTE: Clicking on the Jump to Campaign button associated with the app chosen for the Target App will provide access to both the SmartLink™ tracker and the Default Destination “Catch-All” tracker. Clicking on the Jump to Campaign button associated with the Non-Target App will only provide access to the SmartLink™ tracker.
NOTE: The Default Destination tracker is the “Catch-All” tracker created to track any unmatched traffic.
A. SmartLink Tracker
B. Catch-All Tracker
NOTE: By expanding the SmartLink™ Tracker, data such as Impressions, Clicks, Click Rate, Conversions and CV Rate are displayed.
NOTE: By selecting Tracker Tools > Edit SmartLink, the UI will be redirected to the SmarkLink edit page.
NOTE: By expanding the Default Destination “Catch-All” tracker, data such as Impressions, Clicks, Click Rate, Conversions and CV Rate will be displayed.
NOTE: The trackers associated with a SmartLink™ are not editable. Any changes that are required, need to be made at within the SmarkLink interface
Advanced SmartLink™ Settings
A SmartLink™ may be further refined through the use of Filters, Conditions and Values. By default each app within the App Group will have a filter/condition/value which identifies the platform of the app. Additional Destinations can be added to one or more apps within an App Group to allow further definition of Destinations.
- Click Add Destination.
- Enter a Destination Name.
- Enter a Destination URL.
- Click Add a Filter. (optional)
- Device > Type
- Device > OS Version
- Geo > Country
- Doesn’t Match
- Equals or Greater
- Specific Device Types
- Specific OS Versions
- Specific Countries
NOTE: The Values are dependant upon the filters selected. The list of values will update as different filters are selected.
A. Default Filter
B. Additional Filter
If the associated app(s) have custom parameters that can be leveraged to enhance the data, those custom parameters may be entered in this section.
- Click Add a Parameter.
- Enter the Custom Parameter.
- Add additional Custom Parameters. (optional)
- Click Save.
NOTE: When a custom parameter is created, it is inserted automatically into the SmartLink™ Click URL.
NOTE: In order to remove a custom parameter, Click the “X” associated with the specific parameter.
A. Custom Parameter